Can I claim my physiotherapy sessions on health insurance?
If you're covered, yes you can! Plus, many health funds now also cover Telehealth (online) physiotherapy. If Telehealth is already included in your insurance coverage, then you're in the clear! If not, you may still need a referral from your GP. In the meantime, we suggest holding onto your invoices for future Telehealth insurance claims. Contact your insurer to be sure, and for a list of the insurance companies covering Telehealth physio sessions, head here.
I'd like to change or cancel a booking. How can I do this?
You can cancel or reschedule a PT or physiotherapy booking up to 12 hours prior to the appointment start time. This can be done by emailing [email protected] to cancel or reschedule.
What's the story with these daily exercise videos?
We want to see everyone moving, and it shouldn't require lots of equipment, time (15 minutes really is all you need!), money or space. Our programs are easy to follow, provide variety, and they're always accessible so you can complete them when and where it suits you. You don't even have to get out of your pajamas! New videos are posted daily, at 5am, Monday-Friday so you can choose when you complete them, with 2 rest days programmed in!
Is 15 minutes really long enough to make a difference?
Yep, you heard it - none of the video workouts will run longer than 15 minutes. Workouts don't have to go forever to be effective. Our goal is to help you move everyday, and realise that exercise and healthy habits can fit into any busy schedule. When you're following lokaal's progressive, daily programming you will see improvement. Plus, we always include 'harder' modifications if you're looking for more of a challenge.
Can I train with an
injury or medical condition?
Healing needs motion and there'll be a movement modification which won't aggravate, so if you're concerned about an injury or medical condition, then we strongly suggest that you look at booking a physiotherapy session so Dan can work with you on a personalised treatment plan to get you back, fighting fit.
Can I train if I'm pregnant, or have recently been pregnant?
Most workouts can be modified to suit your specific situation, and we'd love to work with you on a program that you feel comfortable with. We suggest that you look at booking a private PT or physiotherapy session so Dan can work with you to personalise an exercise plan.
We also suggest you make sure you've got your doctor or midwife's a-ok before engaging in physical activity.
Which video program is the right one for me - Essential or 65 and over?
We have two video programs to choose from, "Essential" and "65 and over," which each include modifications for "easier" and "harder". But let's break that down:
- Do you have gym experience, but don't have a gym right now? The "Essential" plan, or it's harder modifications will work best for you.
- If you don't have gym experience, and you're looking to build some healthy habits, then the "Essential" plan's easy options would be a good place to start.
- 65 and over, looking to work more movement into your day? Then "65 and over" is a great place to start. You can of course choose the easier modifications wherever necessary.
- 65 and over, with gym experience? You also have access to Essential videos, so why not try these too? Mix and match to find a sweet spot for you.
- For anyone looking for a more personalised experience, we suggest you reach out about our coaching and classes for more accountability and tracking of your personal progress.